Become a volunteer today!
The Literacy Council relies on 80 to 100 volunteers to help us fulfill our mission. Volunteer tutors are needed to teach adults to read, write, and speak English. Tutors are also needed to help high school dropouts earn a GED. The only prerequisites to becoming a volunteer tutor are that you:
• Be fluent in the English language,
• Be at least 18 years of age or older,
• Hold at least a high school diploma or GED,
• Be patient and willing to work with a diverse population.
The first step is to attend an orientation session. Orientations are held the first Monday of the month (except holidays) from 6:00 to 8:30 p.m. at the Round Rock Library at 216 E. Main Street in downtown Round Rock. To pre-register, contact the Literacy Council at 512-869-0497. Walk-ins are also welcome!
Other ways to volunteer:
• Serve on the board of directors
• Help in the office with administrative tasks
• Assist with community awareness
• Help with special events
• Write grants or help with fundraising events
If interested, please call 512-869-0497 or email us at email@example.com
If you can read this, you can change someone's life.
Staff and volunteers help about
100 clients annually earn a GED